If you want to flip a property for a profit, one of the most important things you will need to do is renovate it quickly without digging yourself into debt. While you may be tempted to do all of the renovation work on your own, it may be in your best interest to reach out to a professional firm like Renex that has a considerable amount of experience in residential and commercial renovation.
Developing a Renovation Plan of Attack
The initial step when trying to flip a house for a profit is developing a renovation plan of attack. This plan is going to help you identify the renovation jobs you can perform and which you would need to delegate to professionals like Renex. There are some jobs that only a licensed professional can do around the home and those jobs include anything related to the electrical or plumbing systems within your home.
Save Money on Building Materials
After you have worked out the renovation plan of attack you will need to save money on the various building materials required for the renovation. These suggestions will help you save money on those building materials.
· Sign up for a cashback credit card and have all your purchases applied to the card. This cashback feature will give you an immediate discount on all the money spent on the renovation materials.
· Buy in bulk. If you know you will be performing multiple renovations during the year, you can get a better deal by purchasing your building materials in bulk. Go to your local hardware supplier and ask them for a discount because you will be buying in bulk. There is a good chance you will get a substantial discount but you will need to ask for it.
· Ask your local building material supplier if they have any discontinued products? If they do you can usually get those items at massive discounts but you still need to make sure the materials fit in your overall renovation plan of attack.
Save Money on Labor Costs
One of the biggest expenses you will have on your renovation project is the labor costs linked to the project. While you will need to hire a professional contractor to handle certain tasks, there are ways you can save money on the non-contractor work.
· Hire students. Students will usually work hard for a modest wage and can help with simpler tasks like painting, cleaning up after the renovation, and doing landscaping work. You may be able to get the students at less than the government mandated minimum wage so this is an avenue you really need to explore.
· Consolidate work for your professional contractors. If you are renovating multiple properties at the same time you should develop a plan so the contractors can go from place to place rapidly which reduces your overall cost.
If you implemented these tips you will be able to get the best possible value for your money so start implementing these suggestions right away.